Pageviews last month

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Today we honor our fathers and husbands who are great fathers, so I just want to apologize to my husband and my Daddy for not really giving you the gifts you deserve.
My Daddy is in heaven, wearing his favorite white t-shirt written in fluorescent pink stating:
HAPPY TEXAN:
All I need is
  • a 6-pack of beer
  • Road-kill armadillo
  • and a Good woman by my side.  

He wore that shirt OUT and tried, as often as possible to wear it at the VA.  Everyone knew him as the Happy Texan!

Today, my husband wore his 'Dad's Loan Department' Shirt today.  It says, "When it comes to loaning money, Dad's answer is always the same:  NO!"  His "Good OLE DAD" shirt was in the wash today.  We have always purchased these shirts at Crazy Shirts, so if you want yours, find a Crazy Shirts location near you.

So the moral of the story is that we've given our male role-models a lot of useless but interesting things: light-up ties, socks, handkerchiefs, battery-powered ice cream scoops, when all they really want is a comfortable t-shirt with some crazy sayings.

I'll see if I can get a picture of my hubbie's shirt to post here.  HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment