Pageviews last month

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

MY OFFICE is a MESS!!! Shredding all day today!

The FAMOUS family Shredder

Shredding the crap  

Okay, so today I have to shred a bunch of office documents.  What am I shredding?  I am shredding those credit card offers that have our names on every BIT of clear space possible.  They put our names and address on:

  • the outer envelope 
  • the inner envelope's return address space, 
  • the actual credit card offer -twice
  • the fake card
  • the letter
What a waste of trees! space! and time!  Why don't I just stop all the offers?
The problem is that my hubbie "card hops".  He does.  He doesn't believe that we should be charged twice on our own money: first to have a bank's credit card in our wallet, and then second, being charged a fee after the purchase.  So, he card hops! And, to card hop, we have to accept ALL of the mail!

The messy office

RALPH LIVES IN CALIFORNIA

I AGREE with my consumer-driven hubbie, who happens to be a lot like Ralph Nader.   Hubby, AKA Ralphie, keeps track of all of the cards and looks for the best 0% credit offer for the longest term and the best deal.  All of this time spent researching has actually been productive.  One CC company offered us a 0% balance plus 50K miles after the first purchase and a free hotel stay.  So my hubbie, AKA Ralph, purchased something for around $25. Paid it immediately, then received 50K miles-way later- and we got a free hotel stay for a night.  Works for me!

BUT. . . . . . .
poof, please disappear!
We have to deal with the paperwork that comes in the mail.  What a mess!  We can't shred EVERYDAY until after we've read through the offers, but every single day, we get junk mail.  Guess who ends up shredding it?  The shredding fairies, silly!!!  Yep those fairies come in the form of wives who get tired of the piles of mail and, in between doing laundry, dishes, making beds, planning meals, grocery shopping at Costco, chauffering teens to sports events, putting new patches on boy scout uniforms, fixing the dripping faucet, consoling and encouraging teens after their sports events, and popping leftover graduation balloons, WE FAIRIES GET TO SHRED!!! YAY, like I don't have a million other things to do!!!!!   WHAT A MESS!  I need to get this done!  What did you say, child number one??? What?????  Yes today is JUNE 20!
Oh shoot, the kids have doctors appointments today!    I gotta go!   My schedule just hit the skids today!  Not a whole lotta shredding to get done, this bites!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment